Tuesday 23 November 2010

New Brief Ideas

For the most recent brief, so far I have come up with many different ideas as to what a public space in London could be used for. I think that's the easy bit, however adjusting the atmosphere and facades of the site to suite the event is more complicated. I do however think I have found an interesting potential of one of the sites. Some of the Gathering ranged from a White Night http://designmuseum.org/design-overtime
to a chilli cook off. However I have decided to go with a pagan gathering. There is something quite mysterious about the potential of a pagan gathering site at specific times of the year like halloween, summer and winter solstices.

The majority of pagan rituals occur in the countryside, so transferring this open, clean, calm, relaxing atmosphere to the city is no easy task. I think taking the circular form of pagan meetings and symbolism is a good place to begin designing from.

No comments:

Post a Comment