Saturday 27 November 2010

Druid Ceremony

The following drawings are quick ideas of how a druid ceremony might work in the city surrounded by buildings, how would they congregate, how would they meet, what form would the gathering place take, how would this look? I started with the circular form of the circle which pagans form when gathering, and placed this volume in the centre of a building block. It is very crude and really doesnt fit with the structure of the urban fabric whatsoever. The drawing below show an initial proposal in the site of the future walkie talkie building. I chose this site as it had the largest and near flattest area to create a space for a druid gathering- topography was most appropriate.




However, after discussing the appropriate space for an event, gathering such as this the space it seems is more often dictated by the druids themselves, not by the space they are stood in. The hermetic nature of the shape and gathering they create really leaves no room for creating a space for them. As one can see at the gathering taking place at Tower hill below, the gathering seems to be able to form in any situation, and without doing sufficient research so far I have no idea exactly how these ceremonies work, or whether creating a space for this specific event would work.


After discussions about the possibilities of setting up a space for a druid ceremony, I have decided to change my event and site. I can see myself spending far too much time researching a druid gathering, to create a space which works. This is time I do not have, as such I have decided to move onto a gathering type which may be easier to describe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment