Saturday 27 November 2010

Transposing the Atmosphere

The site/ hole in which I wanted to transpose the clubbing atmosphere into is the site of a derelict building, as yet I do not know what it used to be but will find out. However I do know the hole/pit in the ground has appeared due to an archaeological dig on the site. the following photos hopefully capture the atmosphere and nature of the site.





Initially I looked at making the atmosphere very chilled out, clean and clinical. This resulted in me completely transforming the site into something very different. A place which detracted from its original state and really didnt work. The drawing below shows a series of steps leading to the ground level of the pit, I decided to go against this idea because as you can see in the drawings, the sharp edges and clinical lines of the steps completely destroys the derelict, uniqueness of the topography- all characteristics which attracted me to the site in the first place.


The above proposal completely changes the atmosphere of the site into one which feels more like an amphitheater. Could work for a beach party- but fundamentally wrong for what I am looking for.


This proposal is still keeping the structure of the pit, but again, I feel I have changed the site too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment